Additional Job Description Details (shift, duties, etc)
Full Time (FT) Job Opportunity
Candidate must be able to work independently or in a group setting.
Starting wage: $18.00 to $20.00/hour - Depending on experience
40+hours/week - Monday to Thursday 6:30am to 4:00pm; Fridays 7:00am to 2:30pm
Saturdays as required per company needs
Early morning and/or late evening work may be required due to road calls or primary equipment breakdowns – both situations are critical to the operation of the company.
The main purpose of this position is to ensure that all equipment/trucks/grounds are well maintained and safe for everyday utilization and support of the general mining, production and transportation operations. This position requires the ability to diagnose, repair, maintain, adjust, overhaul, and inspect on/off road equipment, trucks, cars, construction, and production mining machinery/equipment (gas and diesel).
Job functions consist of:
- Knowledge of Diesel and Gas engine repair including heavy equipment required
- Complete routine truck service at the start of each day in a timely fashion
- Operate and utilize Jacks and Hoists (mechanical and hydraulic) to raise trucks, company vehicles, and equipment to perform a mechanics expected job duties and functions
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges
- Examine and adjust protective guards, tighten loose bolts, and specified safety devices
- Perform routine and/or scheduled maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment, trucks and machinery
- Perform routine and/or scheduled preventative maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance and/or repair is needed
- Determine causes of errors, correcting/repairing the errors with proper tools
- Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications and being able to determine when a specialized service Technician is required for the job.
- Ability to work on electrical systems and knowing when to call for a certified electrician when required
- Fully completing workorder paperwork for scheduled service and/or maintenance of trucks, vehicles, and equipment
- Over the road repairs including other company locations
- Air conditioning and Hydraulic related
Diesel Mechanic Certification by an Accredited Institute or
Diesel Mechanic Diploma from a technical school
Current State vehicle inspection license (Category 7) a plus
Valid PA Class A Commercial Driver’s License and Medical Certification:
• Must be able to meet all Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements.
• Must have a well-versed knowledge and understanding of FMCSA regulations and their practical application.
• Ability to safely and efficiently operate the vehicle assigned to.
• Must be insurable by company auto insurance carrier.
One (1) year on the job Diesel Mechanic repair and/or service (Full or Part Time) preferred
One (1) year on the job Heavy Equipment repair and/or service (Full or Part Time) preferred
Heavy Duty Truck, Equipment, and Vehicle service and repair experience (Diesel/Non-Diesel) helpful
Diagnostics experience or certificate a plus but not necessary
Any of these will be helpful: Operate and handle Standard truck equipment and mechanic equipment, tools, machines, vehicles, including but not limited to: hydraulic jacks, air tools, air conditioning recharge equipment, specialized repair tools, extensive assortment of hand tools, tractor trailers (dump, flatbed and detachable low bed), single axle and tri-axle dump trucks, front- end loaders and forklifts, man lift, track excavators, stone conveyors, load securing tools.
Main job function requires employee to stand for most of the day. Occasionally employee will sit, walk, squat, bend, crawl, climb, stretch, reach, and may be required to lift/carry up to 40 lbs frequently and lift/carry up to 120 lbs occasionally.
Weather and Climate Demands:
This job involves both indoor and outdoor work areas. The outdoor environment requires the ability to work in all types of weather and climate conditions throughout the year.
Health, Vision, Dental, Supplemental Insurance
Life, Short Term Disability, AD&D Insurance
Send resume to email@example.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers