Towaway Express is seeking a Safety Manager. The candidate we seek will be a dynamic self-starter with a positive attitude and exceptional communication skills. They will be a compassionate team player in addition to meeting the qualifications and ideals listed below.
To apply Please email your resume to Rachael Salla at [email protected].
Safety and Compliance Manager
Number of Openings for this job
Additional Job Description Details (shift, duties, etc)
Towaway Express is seeking a Safety Manager. The candidate we seek will be a dynamic self-starter with a positive attitude and exceptional communication skills. They will be a compassionate team player in addition to meeting the qualifications and ideals listed below. A Towaway Express team member works with the needs of our Customers and our Owner Operators to safely meet the revenue goals of the company and Owner Operators alike all the while providing exceptional customer service. Trucking experience not required. Only local candidates need apply.
A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to be successful in this position. Towaway is a family owned and operated company. Established in 1985, our goal has always been to create a company in which owner operators and employees can expect to be treated with mutual respect while servicing our customers.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Must be computer savvy and have proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with FileMaker or other database applications a plus.
• Experience working in the transportation industry a plus
• Experience with independent contractors is a plus
• Must be accustomed to working in a fast paced immediate action environment
• Demonstrates effective problem solving skills
• Must be capable of prioritizing and completing multiple tasks
• Must be a willing and effective team participant
• Knowledge of Federal Safety Motor Carrier and DOT regulations a plus, education available if no experience
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form
• Must have the ability to interpret written and verbal information accurately and quickly
• Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain composure under pressure
• Must have excellent time management and organizational skills
Examples of Position Functions:
• Serves as the main point of contact for all fleet safety and compliance requirements and functions
• Assists with recruiting owner operators and processing all paperwork
• Ensures Owner Operator compliance by being an active proponent of all rules and regulations and company policies
• Ensures company compliance with FMCSA and DOT rules and regulations through document management and continual education
• General permitting
• Monthly insurance reporting and claim resolution
• Secure and maintain information regarding maintenance, registrations, driver’s license, and inspection updates
• General vehicle permitting and registration as well as annual permit and registration renewals
• Resolves Owner Operator issues as they arise
• Assumes additional responsibility as assigned
Hours and Compensation:
The individual we are seeking will be expected to work at our terminal location in Mechanicsburg, PA during normal business hours Monday – Friday, 8AM – 5PM. This is a salaried position with paid vacation/personal and sick time. Health and Dental benefits available.
How should those interested apply? (Mail, email, fax, etc)
Please email your resume to Rachael Salla at [email protected]
Full Contact Address of Company / Organization
Street Address: 18 Brenneman Circle
State / Province: Pennsylvania
Postal / Zip Code: 17050
Country: United States
Company Phone Number
© 2021 Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association 910 Linda Lane • Camp Hill, PA 17011 • United States of AmericaPhone: 717-761-7122 • Fax: 717-761-8434