Harrisburg, PA – The No P3 Bridge Tolls Coalition will be hosting a rally at 10:00 am on June 8 on the front steps of the State Capitol Complex in Harrisburg. The rally will include remarks from state legislators, county officials, statewide business organizations, local chambers, and economic development entities who oppose Pennsylvania Department of Transportation’s P3 Major Bridge Tolling Initiative. The coalition is calling on the Wolf Administration and PennDOT to scrap the tolling proposal and work with organizations and stakeholders to find sustainable and equitable long-term solutions to funding Pennsylvania’s infrastructure needs.
The following individuals will be participating in the rally:
• Sen. Wayne Langerholc, Jr., Chair, Senate Transportation Committee
• Rep. Donna Oberlander, House Majority Whip
• Sen. Scott Hutchinson, Chair, Senate Finance Committee
• Sen. Devlin Robinson, Vice Chair, Senate Law & Justice Committee
• Rep. Sheryl Delozier, Chair, House Children & Youth Committee
• Rep. Jason Ortitay, House State Government, Subcommittee on Government Operations - Chair
• Rep. Doyle Heffley, House Transportation Committee
• Cumberland County Commissioner Jean Foschi
• Cumberland County Commissioner Vince DiFilippo
• Rebecca Oyler, President & CEO, Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association
• Greg Moreland, Pennsylvania State Director, National Federation of Independent Businesses
• Katherine Hetherington Cunfer, Greater Reading Chamber Alliance
• John Stroup, former Mayor of Clarion
WHO: No P3 Bridge Tolls Coalition
WHAT: Stop the Tolls Rally
WHEN: Wednesday, June 8, 10:00 am. (No Rain Date)
WHERE: Front Steps, Harrisburg Capitol Complex
Media is invited to attend. Also, live coverage of the press conference will be accessible on Senate Republican Caucus website and Senate Republican Caucus Facebook page.
Please consider covering the event with a reporter and photographer. Contact John Stroup, [email protected] or 814.538.9112 if you plan to attend or if you have any questions.
ABOUT THE NO P3 BRIDGE TOLLS COALITION: The No P3 Bridge Tolls Coalition is a group of concerned local chambers, economic development entities, statewide business organizations, business leaders, affected community leaders, and citizens. We stand opposed to the tolling of these nine bridges because of the effect it will have on our local and statewide economy and to stop PennDOT from using this version of the P3 process from negatively impacting more communities in the future
© 2021 Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association 910 Linda Lane • Camp Hill, PA 17011 • United States of AmericaPhone: 717-761-7122 • Fax: 717-761-8434