The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission (PTC) and the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) remind motorists traveling the PA Turnpike (I-76) this weekend, both eastbound and westbound in Dauphin and Lebanon counties, that detours will be in effect between Exit 247 (Harrisburg East) and Exit 266 (Lebanon-Lancaster). The closures will occur from 11:30 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 25 to 4:00 a.m., Sunday, Aug. 26.
The weekend detours are needed to safely remove the existing bridge beams and then to install new bridge beams at milepost 251. This work is being done as part of PennDOT’s SR 283 project. With SR 283 divided, the local lanes will have rolling stoppages throughout this timeframe.
Detours are as follows:
Message boards will be activated to alert motorists of any delays. Motorists are advised to check one of these resources to learn about PA Turnpike road conditions and traffic alerts:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
· Customer Assistance Center (toll-free) — 800-331-3414 (weekdays, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download athttps://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view athttps://www.paturnpike.com/webmap
· Waze — a crowd-sourced navigation app that provides real-time traffic conditions with input from other drivers; download at https://www.waze.com
© 2012 Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association 910 Linda Lane • Camp Hill, PA 17011 • United States of AmericaPhone: 717-761-7122 • Fax: 717-761-8434