4-Year, $452 million transportation plan open for public comment

May 20, 2020 11:03 AM | Brandon Moree (Administrator)

Nearly $452 million will be invested in communities across the Lehigh Valley for road, bridge, trail, multimodal and transit projects over the next four years, according to region’s draft Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).

 

The TIP will be open for public comment from May 18 through June 16, and will be the subject of public meetings scheduled for:

  • 12 pm, May 20: Attending the meeting can be done by using this link http://tiny.cc/TIP0520mtg. From there, using “the web app instead” function will enable anyone to see the meeting and chat by computer.Those who would also like to speak during the courtesy of the floor portion of the meeting can do it by calling1-872-222-9976 and using the conference ID# 568479393#.

 

  • 4:30 pm, May 27:  Attending the meeting can be done by using this link http://tiny.cc/TIP0527mtg. From there, using “the web app instead” function will enable anyone to see the meeting and chat by computer.Those who would also like to speak during the courtesy of the floor portion of the meeting can do it by calling1-872-222-9976 and using the conference ID# 148149258#.

 

  • 9 am, June 3: Attending the meeting can be done by using this link http://tiny.cc/LVTS0603mtg. From there, using “the web app instead” function will enable anyone to see the meeting and chat by computer. Those who would also like to speak during the courtesy of the floor portion of the meeting can do it by calling 1-872-222-9976 and using the conference ID# 110559235#.

 

The 2021-24 TIP consists of more than 120 projects that will include investments of $167.6 million for road, trail and multimodal projects, $134.5 million for bridge projects and $149.7 million to operate and improve the region’s transit system. 

Roughly 80% of the plan is funded by the Federal Highway Administration, with the remaining 20% coming from state and local sources.

For the past three months, those projects have been reviewed by local and state transportation officials, even as they were going through a detailed air quality, equity and environmental justice analysis. Final approval is expected by the Lehigh Valley Transportation Study this summer.

The four-year TIP is updated every two years and the new TIP is scheduled to take effect in October of 2020.

The draft TIP plan can be found at https://lvpc.org/tip.html.



2020 Platinum Supporters





© 2020 Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association
910 Linda Lane • Camp Hill, PA 17011 • United States of America
Phone: 717-761-7122 • Fax: 717-761-8434

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software